Snapchat is one application which has become so popular over the last few months that everyone is completely into it. It is fascinating for many the way snaps disappear once you view the snaps and, of course, all those stories you upload which are visible for 24 hours since the time of upload.
Everything seems to be all good until the one sad part comes into existence. It can be a complicated procedure for many to download all the pictures or videos by the methods stated by so many.
You might be wondering how to save Snapchat pictures, videos & stories and view them later even after it is deleted. Well, in this post, we’re going to talk about just that.
We’ll show you how to save Snapchat snaps, pics, videos or stories even after they disappear. We don’t just tell you the apps such as Snapsave to save the Snaps, we also show you the exact methods to do this, if in case if the apps listed doesn’t work.
- Best Apps to Save Snapchat Photos & Videos On iPhone & Android
- 1. SnapSave
- 2. Casper
- 3. Snapchat Saver
- 4. SnapBox
- 5. SaveMySnaps
- 6. SnapKeep
- 6. SnapCrack
- How to Save Snapchat photos & videos (other methods)
- Conclusion: Snapsave – How to save Snapchat videos & stores?
Best Apps to Save Snapchat Photos & Videos On iPhone & Android
Below given are the list of Snapchat saver apps for Android & iPhone, which will help you save Snapchat snaps, images & videos on your phone. Be sure to try everyone of them and select on which will suit your needs.
SnapSave is more of a replacement for your Snapchat rather than just saving pictures and videos. The application, however, has been removed from the play store on Android for some reason, but it continues to exist on Apple App Store on iOS.
(The above given link is not to Play Store, but from a different source/the app’s official website from which you can download APK and install Snapchat Saver. The app is not currently available in Play Store. Most of the other apps in this list would also be like this, as most of the Snapchat save apps have been removed from Play Store now).
The app comes from the makers of SaveMySnaps app (which is listed below, because this is better in every way). Casper is an alternative client for Snapchat, which let’s you save Snapchat images, photos & stories.
Not only does casper allows you to download Snapchat images & videos, it also let’s you forward the snaps of other people to others! It even has many cool emojis & custom filters. Casper Snapchat saver is available exclusively on Android.
3. Snapchat Saver
Well, Snapchat seems to be more in use in Android applications than on iOS. Hence, saving pictures for the Snapchat users with Android is equally important. Snapchat Saver is an application which allows you to save both pictures and video snaps. Not only snaps, but you can also save stories having photos and videos as well.
There has to be a reason the application is there on the top of our list, isn’t it? SnapBox is meant for iOS and comes super handy to let you download videos and photos for forever on your phones. Once you have logged into the application with your Snapchat ID and password, every snap you receive and all those you share are saved automatically on your phones.
SaveMySnaps is an Android app which allows you to view snaps and also download them. However, downloading comes as an option and is not an automated feature on the app. One thing you need to remember always is before viewing the snaps you need to download them to make sure you don’t lose them.
SnapKeep is also a Snapchat client which allows you to save Snapchat photos, videos, etc. It looks and feels exactly the same as that of the normal Snapchat app, but with added functionality of saving snaps. It’s available for download as an APK for Android devices. It had an active iOS version, unfortunately it’s now obsolete.
Until now all the apps we were talking about revolved around saving the snaps having videos and stories. This one app, SnapCrack allows you to share pictures from your album as well a paid version is as well available at $4.99 to help you access some premium features! The application, however, is available only for the iOS users!
How to Save Snapchat photos & videos (other methods)
There are different methods to save snapchat snaps. Some are easy methods, some are a little difficult. There are also some few snapchat saver apps which can save Snapchat snaps easily. You can also use these methods to cleverly save Snapchat videos & photos permanently without the sender’s knowledge (even without any apps).
Method 1: Save Snapchat Photos with Screenshot
This is the easiest method of saving Snapchat photos. Using this method you can easily save Snapchat pics as a screenshot. To take a screenshot on your phone follow these steps (in case you already know how to take a screenshot, just skip to next step).
How to take a screenshot in an Android phone
- Open the snap or picture you want to save.
- Press “Volume down” & “Power button” simultaneously.
- The Snap will be saved in to your gallery (in screenshots folder). Also a notification will be showed up on successful screenshot.
How to take a screenshot in an iPhone
- Open the Snapchat snap or pic you want to save.
- Press and hold “Sleep/Wake” button. Now press the “Home” button.
- You’ll hear a shutter sound, which means the screenshot is saved on to your camera roll automatically.
There is a big disadvantage to this method though, which is that the sender will know that you’ve taken a screenshot of their snaps. A message will appear on your sender’s phone that you’ve taken screenshot
Also kindly note that you’ve to be quick with your hands to take screenshots of snaps before they expire. And this method is only for saving Snapchat pictures, not videos.
Method 2: Save Snapchat snaps with screenshot on Flight mode.
This one is a little trickier than that the previous method. It involves the steps we talked about in the previous one, with some additional ones. This method is also about saving Snapchat images only.
I’ll be talking about doing this in an Android but the method is pretty same for an iPhone too.
Similar to the previous method, you must be ready to save the Snap/Image. You must be ready before you open the snap. Other wise, you won’t be having enough time to do this method. You know that there’s no way to preview the snap, so you’ll have to assume that this snap is going to be one that you have to save.
- When ready, open inbox in Snapchat. Swipe down on your Android phone and turn on the “Airplane mode” or “Flight mode”, you’ll see the airplane icon, click it. Now the WiFi, mobile data & every network connection will be cut off in your device. In iPhone, open your control center by swiping up, and you’ll find the airplane icon. Click on that to enable Flight mode.
- Now open the snap you want to save, and take the screenshot. You can check the method above to find how to take screenshots in Android & iOS.
- Now that you’ve taken the screenshot of the snap you wanted to save, log out of Snapchat app in your iPhone or Android.
- To log out of your account, go to the home screen and click on the ghost icon. On the next screen, click on the settings icon as shown in below pic. Now on the next screen, scroll down and you’ll find the log out option. In iPhone too, its similar to what I did in Android.
- Remove Snapchat from the recent used app list from your phone. In Android, you’ve to click on the recents button and you’ve to slide away Snapchat. In iPhone, double click the home button to find the recents button and swipe it away.
- Now turn off the Flight mode and you can login again to Snapchat.
With this method, your friends will not know that you’ve saved their Snapchat picture using screenshot.
Method 3: By connecting your iPhone to Mac
You can save Snapchat photos and videos easily if you’re having a Mac also with your iPhone. This is a simple method, what you’ve to do basically is to record the screen of your iPhone using your Mac. You’ll have the Snapchat videos and photos as a video file in your Mac.
One thing to note is that you’ve to make sure that the snap you’re about to save is not yet opened.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Now open QuickTime player on Mac. On the QuickTime player, click on File, you’ll see the option for “New Movies Recording” click on that.
- This will be opening your Mac’s camera, we don’t need that. We want the iPhone’s screen to be recorded instead. For this, you’ve to change the source.
- To do that, tap on the down icon right next to the record button on QuickTime. You’ll see your iPhone in there in the camera select that. You’ll also see your iPhone in the microphone section, select that too.
- Now you’ll see your iPhone screen on your QuickTime player. Your iPhone screen will be mirrored to your QuickTime player in Mac.
- Now open snapchat on your iPhone. Go to your inbox.
- Now click the record button on QuickTime player in your max. It’ll start the recording of your iPhone screen.
- Next open the snaps you want to save. All the Snapchat photos & videos you open will be recorded as a video in your computer.
- After you’re done with all your snaps, click the recording button on QuickTime player to stop the recording.
- Save the file using File > Save.
That’s all, now you’ve a copy of the Snapchat snaps you wanted to save or record. Oh by the way, the sender will never know you did this.
You can also do one more step to make this better. That is to cut the video you recorded into smaller pieces to fit in just Snapchat videos or photos you needed. You can use any video editing video editing software to do that.
Method 4: Screen Recording on Android
In Android, you don’t need a Mac or PC to record the screen. The method of saving the Snapchat videos, images, snaps etc are similar to the method we mentioned above, just that you’ll not need a Mac or PC,we directly record the screen on your Android phone.
There are some apps for Android that can help you record your Android screen and also saving Snapchat images and videos.
AZ Screen Recorder
AZ screen recorder is the easiest app to record Android screen. It’s kind of a no nonsense app which just works right out of the box. All you have to do is to hit the record button and screen recording will start.
After the recording starts, you can just switch back to Snapchat and open the snaps, images & videos. The screen will be recorded and will be saved on your gallery. You view the saved Snapchat images & videos in gallery.
Google Play Games
Yes you read it right, Google play games! The default Google app contains a video recording option built in. You can use this to record anything on your Android, not necessarily games. Follow these steps
- Open Google Play games on your Android phone, and click on record gameplay on any game shown in the app home page. The recording will start with a pop up asking for resolution and some disclaimer.
- Select the resolution (720p or 480p) and click next. And then click on Launch. The game you selected will also be launched.
- You’ll see a bubble in the bottom left on your screen. On this screen, you’ll see the start button.
- Now open Snapchat and go to inbox.
- You can start the recording now by pressing on the Start button near the front cam display pop up.
- Now open the snaps one by one you want to save.
- After opening all of them, you can go on to stop recording using the stop button.
- You’ll get a notification that the video has been saved to your device.
- You can find the recorded video with your snapchat saves on your gallery.
Method 5: Record Android Screen using PC
If the above method failed, you can try this one. But method to save Snapchat is a bit complex compared to all other methods in this guide. It’s like Method 3, you’ve to record the Android device’s screen using your computer. Just that the method to record the screen on PC is different and complex.
The method is too complex to be explain here, you can visit this link to finding out how to do that :
- Like method 3, you’ve to ready with the recording first.
- After you’re ready, you’ve to open the Snapchat inbox.
- Now start recording of your Android phone’s screen.
- Open the Snapchat videos, images & snaps that you want to save.
- After you’ve opened all, just stop the recording.
You can also trim the video using basic video editing softwares available freely.
Conclusion: Snapsave – How to save Snapchat videos & stores?
So this was all on the apps & some hacks to save videos & pictures on Snapchat. Many of you might have now become quite happy after finally having an easy way out to save those snaps (using the Snapsave apps listed above 😉 )which are of course memorable! You can thank us later. Happy saving!